Monday, March 18, 2013

At Home

Hello again.

The weather here in Eureka, California has been pretty cold, for this time of year--nothing like snow or even parka-cold, but rainy, foggy and coat and cap time for sure.

Not the best climate for papier mache work, but very nice for the old redwood trees nearby which have been living near here for thousands of years and it is wonderful to be able to visit them often.

I have been able to spend more time in our fairly  roomy and warm apartment with my art work and I am awfully glad to be able to do it!

Here is what my current apartment wall exhibition looks like. I like to look at the things and often change them to better suit my fancy--so all the objects here are "works in progress!





Oh yes, our bicycle is a part of the exhibition since if it was outdoors it would soon rust away!

I have not been called to my substitute teacher's aide work very often since the first of the year so I have had the pleasure of taking more  time to enjoy myself with art.

And isn't it good to spend time at home "working" full time at what you love?

Tanya and I have been baking our own bread--Tanya has a method of making natural sourdough bread--not from traditional "starter", but growing her own yeast. I don't know how she does it, but it makes great  bread--and , of course  in this apartment it becomes edible art!



Ahh! "Bread angle" toast and coffee for breakfast!

May all of you be happy too!


...

No comments:

Post a Comment