Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pendants

Hello.

Welcome back!

It is SO nice to be blogging again after our long journey south from Eureka!

We are now completely moved in and our Paso Robles apartment is nicht schlecht--as they say.

In fact it is very good!

Today I started my almost annual papier mache project--making little dough calavera pendants for this year's Dia de los Muertos celebration.

I'll show you what I am up to , but first I would like you to see a couple more photos of our new little town--then a couple of shots of us and then the project.

Here is the cool little Andrew Carnegie library in the central park which is now the town history museum presently featuring locally made and historic patchwork quilts:








Next we have this telephoto of "P" Hill,  which is visible from downtown, by Tanya --it was "P.R." Hill a generation ago now half restored by a local old boy.



Here's Tanya posing in a farm tractor we found in an equipment supply parking lot.




And here is me clowning as usual. As you see, I could use a larger size in gnome hats.





Now what you have been waiting for--the calavera pendant project.

Here are pendants from 2008, 9 and 10, and then some of the dough pendants which are now drying in the sun and which I will paint for this year's Dia de los Muertos.






Thanks for stopping by and best wishes for all YOUR projects!

Tomasito and Tanya


...



No comments:

Post a Comment