Friday, July 26, 2013

Cooperate

Yo:

Every day I have been making a few little calaveras for the coming Dia de los Muertos celebration.

The climate here in Paso Robles is great for papier mache and dough sculpture--hot day and cool nights and a good drying wind every afternoon, so I am in my element.

Here is a bundle of my finished necklaces---or pendants, if you like:



Most of the masks we carried with us are still unhung (unwept and unlamented too!) but they look sort of cute jumbled into a corner:



Everything seems to go a lot better when people cooperate instead of compete--so I drew a cartoon to illustrate this idea and sent it off to my big brother, Joe, who is family reunioning with his kids and grandkids in Guatemala so  I'll share it with you internet viewers too::

See you again soon.

Toamsito


No comments:

Post a Comment