Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sermon Number 2, Richard Lion-heart

Richard Lion-heart. (Tomasito photo, 2010)

Richard came to our creative workshop again and delivered his second sermon from his wheel-chair while he drew.

This time I took notes (right on his drawing) a bit more carefully and had my young "Assistant Volunteer" Nick help out.

~~~


"I'm an ex-drug addict saved by the Lord.

I have died twice but have come back. God told me that if I would come back he would bless me. God sent me back for the kids, Thomas--to give them a second chance
.

God loves us so much He sent Himself in His son. You can't scorn Him.


God gives us all the chances we need--you don't have to worry about that
, Thomas.

The colors in heaven are alive, Thomas. They move. They jump around!

I've been here (care center) for 20 years. I overdosed and went into a coma for six and a half months. They brought me here And I have been here ever since. God stripped me of my legs but it has been a blessing.

My mother abandoned me when I was five years old. She spit in my face and said she wished I had never been born I was raised by my Grandmother. My father was a Cherokee Indian, an alcoholic--he killed people. My brother enjoyed hurting people. He would beat them up.

Things always come back on you. That's why you should be good to people, Thomas. That's why you gotta love people. What you do TO people WILL come back to you, Thomas.

God laid out the plan for Adam and Eve, but they didn't do it. God has lots of chances. God gives you LOTS of chances. Eventually you will do it right.

Jesus KNEW he would have to suffer. He begged not to have to do it--but it was the only way. It is no joke. Jesus didn't die for nothing.

On September 27 I am going home--to give hope to the poor and sight to the blind. No more narcotics!

God wants them to know that dying is easy--living is hard, Thomas.


~~~


Nick took three notes while Richard spoke.

1) God is love.
2) Don't hate.
3) Every breath we have is a gift from God.


...





God loves us so much He sent Himself in His son. You can't scorn Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment