Sunday, April 28, 2013

Boogie Dancers

A couple of papier mache projects have been finished over the last few days.

I love good old rock n roll music, of course, since I had a band playing same some years ago in Hawaii--and I am happy to see that an early form of r&r music--boogie woogie, is still very popular both in performing of music and dance.

There are a series of world championship boogie dancing videos on YouTube which I like to watch and which have inspired the creation of a little papier mache boogie dancing statuette and a papier mache mosaic 3-D picture.


 





Boogie woogie Dancer statuette.



Boogie woogie Dancers papier mache mosaic 3-D picture.

I wanted to express in papier mache art the fun and excitement--and the athletic skill--of these wonderful contemporary young dancers moving to the equally great pop music of the mid-twentieth century.


.......!

No comments:

Post a Comment