Monday, April 1, 2013

Albert Lee

Hello again.

I was listening to one of my favorite rock n roll groups and got inspired to sketch some of their fine musicians.

Some of you will know that way back when, I was a rock n roll drummer  in Hawaii with "The Tidesmen", "Bruce Denny and the Plainsmen", "Eddie Suzuki and the Royal Sushi" and others (Heck, white as I am, I was even the drummer for "The Original Ink Spots" when they toured the service clubs of Oahu) and wasn't that fun!

The group I think makes the same kind of noise we did back then, but a whole lot better, is "The Refreshments".

They are really cookin', as we musicians say, in these YouTube videos--really enjoying each other and their music and don't the people love it too! Sure they do.

If you like great old fashioned rock n roll click this link to YouTube.



And here is my sketch of Albert Lee, one of the finest rock guitarists you will ever see or hear!



I hope to finish this sketch as a painting  or paper mosaic soon.

See ya.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment