Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dali and Picasso Framed

Some of the most interesting of my papier mache projects lately has been the creation of frames for some of my pictures.

Yesterday I showed you two of my latest color pencil portrait sketches in a series depicting great artists.

Here are those same drawings mounted in my hand-made papier mache frames:








The above is a copy of my original drawing of Salvador Dali with the 3-D addition of a row of five papier mache eggs on a papier mache shelf addition to the papier mache frame. (Salvador was very fond of egg imagery.)



This is a large papier mache "copy" of my original drawing using a "mosaic" of color scraps from magazines instead of paint. The original drawing is eight and a half inches by eleven inches--this picture, mounted on cardboard, with frame, measures nineteen by twenty-four inches.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment