Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Director's Mask


Masked Me. (Tomas photo, 7/14/2010)


I went by the old people's care home a few days ago--after a month or so vacation.

Nothing much has changed. Most of the same residents are there.

The Activities staff were glad to see me.

It was kind of good to see the people again--we have become sort of friends.

It has also been very good not to cross the street to do the art things for a while. The place is enough like a hospital that the sights and smells are not always so pleasant--but, of course, I HAVE chosen to be a volunteer there after all--so what did I expect?

Anyway, I have been working a little bit on papier mache--and I have spent some hours on my own mask. A mask to wear when I am directing a masked performance.

I made the mouth into a sort of megaphone--made the ear-holes large enough to hear everything around and opened the eye holes wider than on any other mask I have made.


I plan to make it a fairly comfortable wearing thing too--so I can actually enjoy putting it on.

I don't know when I will have the opportunity to actually USE it, but if I do I will be ready.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment