Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Philosophic Bea


Bea's Design, November 4, 2009


Bea joined the workshop group for a while today and talked with me about his and that.

She talked mainly about her experiences as a young girl--remember she is now 91 years old--and it was very interesting for me to listen to her.

When she was a little girl one of her first jobs was to help the wife of a white man, Mr. Baines, who suffered from arthritis. Bea poured warm water over the woman's wrists which gave her some relief from pain. Bea said that"seeing misery helps you gain strength".

She also talked about some of her memories of going to the Wayside Baptist Church. She remembered a song which I remember too from my childhood: "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam". "I was His sunbeam then," she said; "and I still am."

"People think I'm just talking," she said, "but I'm preaching. That's all preaching IS--expounding the truth."

Good for you, Bea.


...




No comments:

Post a Comment