Saturday, April 25, 2009

Here Goes!

Tomasito. (Tanya photo)


Hello!

Welcome to my blog!


This blog will highlight the things my creative friends and I do together as a "workshop".


Right now I live in Escondido, California, USA and the people helping in the workshop live across the street at Palomar Heights Care Center.

Most of them are older folks and most are confined to wheelchairs. So the "creative work" we do together is mainly in arts and crafts.


Our favorite working medium is good old papier mache--but we also draw and paint and do other artistic things.


I am a volunteer at the center a couple of hours daily and I have an Assistant Volunteer--a ten-year-old "home school" boy--who is, of course, a full-fledged member of the workshop.


I will introduce the all workshop people and show you photographs of them and their work soon--in fact that will be the meat of this blog--and by the way, this blog will not be a daily record--but will be posted several times a week as the spirit moves.


So--WELCOME and HERE WE GO!


Tomasito, 2009



...

No comments:

Post a Comment